Wednesday 8 June 2016

Currently...

Rich is away again so I'm pottering about at home, mulling over plans and casting on new things. The weather is slowly warming up into something like regular summer days, so it felt like a good time for a catch up post, looking over what I'm currently working on...

Blocking...
The knitting on the Weasley Jumper With An N is finished! I have to find the time and space to block this out before I seam up it. I'm hoping to do that this week as I would love to get pictures this weekend (before it gets properly scorching!) so I can share it with you next week.

Blogtacular!
I'm off to Blogtacular in only a couple of weeks and I simply cannot wait! I've ordered myself a set of mini cards so I've got something to hand out while I'm there and I'm crossing my fingers that I've got a place on the photo walk.

Really looking forward to meeting new people, learning new things and having a great time. It also falls on Worldwide Knit In Public Day so I'll have my knitting with me. Will any other knitters be there? Where are you planning to knit in public while you're there?


Casting on...
The Cornish Lilli Pilli is finally on the needles and it's lush! I'm so happy with the colours that Amy of Stranded Dyeworks produced and I know it's going to knit up beautifully.

That being said, I have pulled this out a couple of times already. For such a beautiful shawl, I want to make sure that I'm doing the best I can and, frankly, my cast on and first few rows of garter stitch were sloppy to say the least. So off it came and I tried again. I tend to fuss over my cast on, I don't know why.

Wardrobe Architect
I hadn't heard about this until Katie of Inside Number 23 mentioned it and now I am obsessed! The Wardrobe Architect is a series of posts from Collette to help you create a cohesive wardrobe. I just want to work through it and create a wardrobe of elegantly matching things... I've never really been particularly good at clothes and creating a 'me' look, so that's probably why this fascinates me so much. I'm definitely going to be doing this! 

I am also newly obsessed with Deer & Doe Bleuet Dress (also mentioned by Katie) that I would make in a heartbeat if I didn't think it was totally beyond my current capabilities.

Figuring out an exercise plan
I am pretty down about how unfit I am compared with last year, but joining a gym isn't really feasible right now. I'm not that into gyms, I'm much more into classes and with work and traffic I can't guarantee that I'll actually get to a class on time. Part of the reason I love classes is that I don't have to think about it - once I'm there, the hard work feels like it's over because I can't leave and someone else is pushing me. While I don't love exercising for its own sake, I really do love that feeling.

While I can't do classes, I'm looking into other options that I can do at home as soon as I get in. I like weights, Pilates and yoga - does anyone know any good videos?


No comments:

Post a Comment