Sunday 5 January 2020

Tea & Possibilities Episode 67: Blanket Statement


INTRODUCTION
You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group where the Episode 67 Chatter Thread is live! And don't forget the Show Us Your Socks thread!

Today’s tea is a Bird & Blend Tea from my advent calendar. They were kind enough to gift me one, full of my favourites, but as I was so sick through most of December I didn't get to enjoy them, so I'm still working through them.


This is New House Blend, which is an Earl Grey and Assam blend. It's totally delicious and a perfect everyday breakfast tea. I'm not a massive fan of English Breakfast Tea - this is tons nicer.

Don't forget, if you're a first-time purchaser at Bird & Blend, you can use the code NIKKITEABIRD20 for 20% off that first purchase.

This is the first of four - four! - new mugs I got for Christmas, haha! You'll see them all over the next few episodes. And, as an Earl Grey lover, my dear friend gave me Earl Grey gin for Christmas (which I can't find online!).

Don't forget, we have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.

WIP'D UP

FOs:

Daniel's Finnished Hat
Pattern: Graham Hat by Jennifer Adams
Yarn: Malabrigo Rios 'Nimbus Gray'

That brings me to 14 FOs in 2019 - 6 of which were socks!

HOs:
Christmas Socks #5
Pattern:
How to Knit Socks by Meanwhile at the Castle

Yarn: Stranded Dyeworks BFL Nylon 'Gingerbread Haus' and 'Christmas Red'

The second sock is already well in progress, so shouldn't take as long as the original.


WIPs:
Cosy Squares
Pattern: The Coziest Memory by Kemper Wray
Yarn: Various! (See the project page for more details - I've noted them where I can)

I have decided this won't be a blanket anymore. I've thought for years that it might not work as a blanket due to its weight and how heavy it will be when finished. So I have decided to do one more row and frame it.

I hope to move in the next year and I think this would look beautiful over my bed, just as an art piece. I think framing it is the perfect solution - and it would be finished soon!!

Cosy Stripes
Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic24
Yarn: Various! (See Cosy Squares Ravelry project page for more details)

This will be a blanket one day and I will always have one on the hook - either to gift to friends or to donate to a homeless or refugee charity. I get so much joy from making them that I would like to always have one on the hook and it would be lovely to be able to pass that joy on.

Stash Acquisition

I did acquire some yarn through December. I bought some Yarn Collective Hudson Worsted in Natural to make myself a new scarf. My Colour Block Shawl by Crafts from the Cwtch is 5 years old and I want a neutral tone to go with a new coat and this is perfect. I'm thinking the Void Shawl by Melanie Berg, but I'm not sold yet.

I also ordered myself some Dunderknit Rainbow from Tiny Human Knits and Laura was kind enough to include some of her Christmas colourway, Poinsettia, and some Poppy Seed by West Yorkshire Spinners.

Finally, I got a lucky dip back from Norah George - I received some chocolates, stitch markers and Tracey's homemade wool wash, as well as two skeins of yarn. Squash is a merino-cotton blend and Teresa Green is MCM aran - both will probably grow up to be hats.


KNIT & NATTER

I have a couple of goals for 2020 - the first is to run 10miles every month, to see if I can improve my speed every month and to keep me active and consistent in my training.

I also want to do a dance course! I'm so excited for that - but I'm going to settle into my new job first.

What are your goals for 2020 - knitting, exercise, travel?!

No comments:

Post a Comment