Monday 18 November 2019

Tea & Possibilities Episode 66: Up To Festive Muster


INTRODUCTION
You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group where the Episode 66 Chatter Thread is live! And don't forget the Show Us Your Socks thread!

Today’s tea is hot Ribena as I'm trying to fend off a possible cold. Feeling a tad under the weather so doing what I can to perk myself up.


The mug is a new one, a gift from a friend, from Flying Tiger. Annoyingly, I can't find it on the website!

Don't forget, we have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.

WIP'D UP

FOs:

Christmas Socks #4
Pattern:
How to Knit Socks by Meanwhile at the Castle

Yarn: West Yorkshire Spinners 'Robin' and 'Cayenne Pepper

Operation Tinsel
Pattern: None (chain a length - chain two lengths together!)
Yarn: King Cole Tinsel Chunky in 'Silver', 'Gold', 'Claret' and 'Emerald'
Mini Family Jumpers
Pattern: Mini Weasley Sweaters by Alison Hansel (from Charmed Knits)
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Rialto DK in 'Coral', 'Basil' and 'Mustard'
Stocking for Z
Pattern: Candy Stripe Stocking by Sandra Paul of Cherry Heart Blog (not Twinkle Toes Sock as stated in the episode!)
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns DK in 'Pansy Purple', 'Rose Red' and 'Champagne White'

WIPs:

Christmas Socks #5
Pattern:
How to Knit Socks by Meanwhile at the Castle

Yarn: Stranded Dyeworks BFL Nylon 'Gingerbread Haus' and 'Christmas Red'

The project bag is from the brilliant Cat in the Bag Crafts.
Cosy Stripes
Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic24
Yarn: Various! (See Cosy Squares Ravelry project page for more details)
I'm getting there with the magic ball that Katie of Inside Number 23 sent me, so I might be able to finish it before advent!
Inspired by Amy Florence of Stranded, I tidied up my stash! I reorganised it - grouping skeins into sealable bags by weight, brand and colour. While I was at it, I updated my Ravelry stash.
I don't fill in everything as I don't need all the info - and if I filled in everything, it's unlikely I'd get it all done!
When updating my Ravelry stash I always:

  • Include a photo - I'm not fussed about lighting/layout, it just needs to be representative enough to jog my memory
  • Include weight and yardage - for reference when I'm away from my stash and quick searching when I'm looking for something for a specific pattern
  • Link any patterns I have in mind for it
  • Include tags like 'socks', 'hat' or 'prize' for easy searching later!

That's it for this week - bit of a short one as it's been very busy over here! I'll be back when I can for another cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment