Monday 6 May 2019

Tea & Possibilities Episode 58: Heel, Co and Tuff


INTRODUCTION
You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group! I'm going to experiment for the next few episodes with episode threads in the group, so if there's something you'd like to ask or chat about, that's the place to do it!

Episode 58 Chatter Thread is up!

Today’s tea is Carrot Cake by Bird & Blend. Bird & Blend were kind enough to send me their 'Teaster' box which is insanely delicious. If you are a first time purchaser of B&B, you can get 20% off using the code NIKKITEABIRD20.
We have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.

WIP'D UP

FOs:


WIPs:

Industrial Pavement
Pattern: Pavement by Veera Välimäki
Yarn: Stranded Dyeworks Merino Nylon in Industrial Kingfisher

Cosy Stripes
Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic24
Yarn: Various! (See Cosy Squares Ravelry project page for more details)

Coming Up:

KerryOne Pullover
Pattern: Kerrytown by Annie Lupton

Yarn: Willow & Lark Ramble in Ox Blood

Also working on my advent calendar - it can take a few hours, so I wanted to get a head start, as I have the leftovers!

The lovely Katie of Inside Number 23 very kindly sent me some socks and a skein of Must Stash Yarns in the Daily Eggs colourway. It's blue enough that it could be wintery - and Amy of Stranded has inspired me to make myself 25 pairs of festive socks, so this could be one of them!


HERE BE SPOILERS

A little bit different this episode - it's not a book or a film or a TV series - it's the Gringotts extension at Harry Potter Studios!

If you don't want spoilers, please skip to 33:32, where Knit & Natter starts.

It was magic (ha!) and I loved it! But I do recommend you get the Butterbeer ice cream, instead of the Butterbeer (I think it's super gross!) and/or the hot chocolate at the Choc Frog Cafe at the end. It's expensive for a small cup, but it's so sweet, I'd recommend sharing it - it's so much more Butterbeer flavoured, I think, than what they sell halfway round.

I do think the shop is massively overpriced - sorry about my rant about Chocolate Frogs, but jeez - £8.95?! Are you having a laugh?!


KNIT & NATTER
I wanted to share some honesty this week. Nothing bad has happened! But it has been a hugely stressful month - if you follow me on Instagram, you'll see that I shared about our launch at work - it was a big job for just three of us! So it's been very busy.

On top of that, I had some more women's health issues. I had some symptoms in February and went to the doctors immediately - after a couple of scans and a simple treatment, I've been given the all clear again.

I'm raising this again because I think it's important to share that being ok once is no reason to stop keeping a close eye on your health. As soon as something deviates from your normal, there's nothing wrong to going straight to the doctor's - even if it's just to have your mind put to rest.

You wouldn't have known anything about this from the podcast or my Instagram - I keep it as light and positive as I can because this is my highlight reel, I want to scroll back and see all my happy memories. I think we all know that social media is just the highlights, but I think it's good to remind people of that.

We're all human, we're all working hard and doing our best - despite what social media might show.

I'll see you very soon, guys, for another cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment