Sunday 19 May 2019

Tea & Possibilities Episode 59: Party Animal


INTRODUCTION
You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group! I'm going to experiment for the next few episodes with episode threads in the group, so if there's something you'd like to ask or chat about, that's the place to do it!
Episode 59 Chatter Thread is up!

Today’s tea is Carrot Cake by Bird & Blend again - it's just so good! Bird & Blend were kind enough to send me their 'Teaster' box which is insanely delicious and I'll be sharing Hot Cross Bun next. If you are a first time purchaser of B&B, you can get 20% off using the code NIKKITEABIRD20.

Also, because I'm English - I grabbed some biscuits and cake to go along with my tea. Angel slices, Bourbons, chocolate digestive (milk, not my ultimate favourite - dark chocolate!) and Malted Milks.

We have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.

WIP'D UP

FOs:
Industrial Pavement
Pattern: Pavement by Veera Välimäki
Yarn: Stranded Dyeworks Merino Nylon in Industrial Kingfisher


WIPs:
Cosy Stripes
Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic24
Yarn: Various! (See Cosy Squares Ravelry project page for more details)

Coming Up:

KerryOne Pullover
Pattern: Kerrytown by Annie Lupton
Yarn: Willow & Lark Ramble in Ox Blood

Mama Vertebrae by Kelly Van Niekerk in The Yarn Collective Bloomsbury DK in Copper. I originally bought this year when I worked at Love Knitting to knit a Gingerbread Jumper by Libby Johnson.


The Summer of Socks KAL will be starting on 1st June and running till 31st August. Inspired by Amy of Stranded's Christmas Box of Socks I'll be knitting some Christmas vanilla socks out of my favourite West Yorkshire Spinners:

Holly Berry - no longer available
Candy Cane - no longer available
Fairy Lights

I want to knit some patterned socks too!

Stranded Dyeworks Sock Set in Circus Tent & Rust will grow up into I Love You More Than Pumpkin Spice by C.C. Almon.

Stranded Dyeworks Sock Set in Ice Skating Party & Violet will become Rosehip socks by Yarnia Designs.

Finally, Third Vault Yarns in Binti will be knit up into Brackett's Landing by C.C. Almon.

You can share your Summer of Socks KAL plans on the Chatter Thread and hashtag your plans, WIPs, HOs and FOs #SOSKAL2019 on Instagram.

KNIT & NATTER
As my Nan isn't joining me this week - we're dog sitting for my cousin, so she wanted to be available when she arrived - I wanted to tell you about my recent big walk!

I tackled the Walk the Wight last Sunday - 26.5 miles across the Isle of Wight from Bembridge to Alum Bay. According to my Fitbit, in total on 12th May, I managed 28 miles!

I would highly recommend the walk - it's an incredible beautiful island, you can choose to do the whole thing, just the first or second half or the 8 mile flat week option. I'm definitely going to do it again next year!

The walk is an event to raise money for the island's Mountbatten Hospice - so please do donate if you can!

I'm also hoping to tackle some of the bike rides they offer too - I might not have a bike, but I can hire one!

I'll see you very soon, guys, for another cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment