Monday 18 February 2019

Tea & Possibilities Episode 54: Whipping Through The WIPs


INTRODUCTION
You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group! I'm going to experiment for the next few episodes with episode threads in the group, so if there's something you'd like to ask or chat about, that's the place to do it!
Episode 54 Chatter Thread is up!
Today’s tea is camomile - what I meant by 'fairly hectic weekend' was 'have a slight hangover'! We have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.

Apologies for the light in this episode - I was home a little later than usual and there were some pretty hefty clouds gathering as I filmed.

WIP'D UP

Usual service resumes - no FO this week! But I was pretty close to having one...

Puddle Jumper Cardigan
Pattern: Baby Vertebrae by Kelly van Niekerk
Yarn: A Homespun House BFL Sock in 'Puddle Jumper'

You can find my original Baby Vertebrae on my Ravelry page as Jolly Red Cardigan.

I probably cast on that arm about four times because I kept getting the dreaded armpit hole. I've yet to find a really good tutorial to get around this - they all just say to pick up more stitches. This has worked on this occasion, but if you know a good tutorial to prevent this - please let me know!

Also, I knit this on the plane! I just removed my interchangeable needle tips in case they wanted them, but they didn't - so I got a chunk done on the flight to Munich!

Also still chugging away on...
Yarn: Rock & String Creations in Seaside Treasure
As soon as I finish by Baby Vertebrae, the cable will be free to pick up the sleeves on...
Industrial Pavement
Pattern: Pavement by Veera Välimäki
Yarn: Stranded Dyeworks Merino Nylon in Industrial Kingfisher

Thank you so much to everyone who was keen for the Summer of Socks KAL - it's on! I'm thinking 1st June - 31st August, to really cover that summertime block and get oodles of socks on and off the needles. I'll let you know more about it nearer the time.

I've already had two people contact me about donating prizes, but if you would also like to - please DM me on Ravelry and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I will be at Unravel on Saturday 23rd February. Not sure what time, but if you see me - please come over and show me what you bought and let me know what you think I should check out!
KNIT & NATTER

This week I want to talk about running - eek!

Having fallen in love with running last year, I wanted to set myself some challenges this year. So I'll be doing...

The Grand Union Canal Half Marathon on Sunday 7th April
The Royal Parks Half Marathon on Sunday 13th October (I found out while I was editing that I got a place in the second ballot!)

I'll be raising money for the charity I work for, Remembered, so if you'd like to find out more about what we do or maybe donate (thank you!) you can check out my JustGiving page.

I'll also be doing the Walk for Wight on 12th May, which is about 26 miles across the Isle of Wight - but it's just a walk, thank goodness!

I'm incredibly lucky that I have the health, time and finances to allow me to do these challenges, but I'm also a very naturally lazy person. I'm by no means a gym bunny, it's taken a while to become confident in the gym and feel good hitting the track.

So if you have the slightest inclination to try something but you're feeling self conscious - just do it! You really won't regret it and the more you do it, the more comfortable you'll become.

I'll see you in a couple of weeks, a couple of days later than usual as I will be away for my birthday when I'm next due to film. So I'll let you know what I got up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment