Monday 4 February 2019

Tea & Possibilities Episode 53: Points for Trying


INTRODUCTION
You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group! I'm going to experiment for the next few episodes with episode threads in the group, so if there's something you'd like to ask or chat about, that's the place to do it!

Episode 53 Chatter Thread is up! Let me know if you think this is useful.

Today’s tea is Tregothnan's Nettle tea - I'm nearly out! I need more Tregothnan in my life! We have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.

WIP'D UP


I have another FO! Gasp! Could I be on a roll?!

This colourway reminds me of 'Begonia Leaf' which I fell in love with a couple of years ago, only to find it was discontinued. I think I need to get saving get a sweater quantity of 'Night Bloom' to make the Light Trails by Suvi Simola.

I did worry that I wouldn't have enough yarn, especially as the yardage given is the yardage of the skein used in the sample - you definitely don't need that much! The hat is currently blocking, but I'll figure out the yardage and add it to my Ravelry notes this weekend. 

Yarn: Rock & String Creations in Seaside Treasure

I fully planned to work on this over the weekend - but I didn't pack the right cable!

Industrial Pavement
Pattern: Pavement by Veera Välimäki

Yarn: Stranded Dyeworks Merino Nylon in Industrial Kingfisher

Imminent cast ons include...

Baby Vertebrae #2
Pattern: Baby Vertebrae by Kelly van Niekerk
Yarn: A Homespun House in Puddle Jumper
Baby Garter Ear Flap Hat
Pattern: Garter Ear Flap Hat by Purl Soho

Baby's First Selbu Mittens
Pattern: Miniselbu by Tina Haugland

KNIT & NATTER

Let's talk about stash!

Before I start - I don’t think my way of stashing is better than anyone else’s. I think that the size of your stash is your business and yours alone.

I personally prefer a small stash, just because a big one would weigh on me - I'd worry about not knitting enough to justify it.

I accumulated most of my stash through the staff discount I had when I worked at Loveknitting.com and I picked up a lot of free yarn there too. I also got really lucky on a friend's destash, which is why I have a good indie-dyed collection.

Most of my stash is sock yarn - stashed in the sure and certain hope that one day I would be a sock knitter. Now that day has come, I think a Summer of Socks KAL might be fun - it was so hot in the UK last year, small projects were very welcome. Let me know in the episode thread if you'd be interested in that!

What are your thoughts on stashing? How big is your stash? I'd love to know! Until next time, I'll see you really soon for another cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment