Sunday 17 June 2018

Tea & Possibilities Episode 46: Muffin Top


INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!

Today’s tea is China Jasmine from my T2 Adventure Box! It doesn't look like the Adventure Box is available anymore sadly :(
We have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.

The Re-Knit KAL has now finished, so if you hear your Ravelry name in this episode, please drop me a message via Ravelry (I'm NikkiHippy there) with your real name and full address. I'll get your prize posted out as soon as possible :)
WIP'D UP!


A FO! I've been pretty monogamous to get this finished and I'm so happy with it - including with how the mods of a larger needle size and yarn overs have affected the size and the curve on the top edge.

Stranded Affection
Pattern: Color Affection by Veera Välimäki
Yarn: Stranded Dyeworks Oasis Fingering in Naive Watercolour, First Frost and Pinata

And another FO!
Hats for the Homeless #2
Pattern: Smart Hat by Silja Devine
Yarn: Willow & Lark Woodland in 413 Army

And a brand new sock (the addiction continues...)
Operation Sock Drawer #2
Pattern: Following the Sock Series by Meanwhile, at the Castle (Part 1: Beginning Your Sock)
Yarn: Regia Arne & Carlos 'Pairfect' in the Astrup (9094) colourway



KNIT & NATTER

This week we're talking about body positivity - which I think is something that we are all probably dealing with in some way.

I share a (kind of embarrassing) story about how cute I thought my muffin top was before I realised it was considered really ugly. There are some incredible people out there doing great work to challenge the conventional ideas of 'beauty' including the fab BodyPosiPanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment