Sunday 29 April 2018

Tea & Possibilities Episode 45: FO & Sew


INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!

Today’s tea is Sencha from my T2 Adventure Box. We have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.

The ReKnit KAL launched on 17th March! It will run until 18th May and the rules are:
  • Despite the name - crochet is allowed as well as knitting
  • Starts on 17th March - no WIPs allowed
  • Finishes on 18th May - you don't have to finish to qualify for a prize!
  • You must have knit this pattern at least once before
  • Please go over to the Chatter Thread to share what you're re-knitting/crocheting and why!
WIP'D UP!

There's been one main thing I've been working on since last time...

A FO!
Operation Sock Drawer
Pattern: Following the Sock Series by Meanwhile, at the Castle (Part 1: Beginning Your Sock)
Yarn: West Yorkshire Spinners in the Country Birds Blue Tit colourway

Continuing to work on...
Hats for the Homeless #2
Yarn: Willow & Lark Woodland in 413 Army
I won't cast on another sock until this hat has hit the crown decreases, I think.

First Birthday Booties
Pattern: Watermelon Booties by Olivia Kent
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK in Slate Green, Champagne White and Lipstick Pink

Despite wanting to keep my stash small and knit through it, I did buy some yarn this week when I went to stock up on needles at Wild & Woolly: West Yorkshire Spinners in the Country Birds Mallard colourway to make Rich some 30th Birthday socks.

I also picked up some more Paintbox Cotton DK in yellows and greys to make a gift. I won't be sharing this on the podcast or Instagram as the person it's for watches the podcast. Expect an avalanche of pics and footage once it's been given to the recipient!



KNIT & NATTER

This week's Knit & Natter is about sewing! We now have our dining table so I have space to put up my sewing machine!

My first project is going to be the Agnes dress hack. Agnes is a pattern by Tilly & the Buttons and is one of my Make Nine projects, but I really want some cute dresses so I'm doing the dress hack rather than just the top.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment