Sunday 17 June 2018

Tea & Possibilities Episode 47: Spark Joy

INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!

Today’s tea is green tea - my go to for the summer! We have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.

Thanks for bearing with me while I've been taking some time out during a very busy time. It's starting to slow down now thank goodness!


I was so pleased for getting my intro right without too much re-recording that I didn't twig until I was editing that I'd forgotten to say thank you! Thank you so much for giving the podcast a go, if this is your first time and thank you to my returning viewers - I so appreciate you coming back every week!
WIP'D UP!

My knitting mojo has been next to zero while I've been so busy and handling an injury (read: while I've been a right grump) so I've only been working on a few projects.
Nearly finished with the second sock of this pair...
Operation Sock Drawer #2
Pattern: Following the Sock Series by Meanwhile, at the Castle (Part 1: Beginning Your Sock)
Yarn: Regia Arne & Carlos 'Pairfect' in the Astrup (9094) colourway

I have a HO living in my Spool Stories project bag:
Christmas Colourwork
Pattern: Selbu Mittens by Skeindeer Knits
Yarn: The Knitting Swede Spartan DK in London Fog and Samarkand

I'm looking forward to making some more colourwork accessories, including Mīlēt by Ysolda and the Happiest Hat by Mary Jane Mucklestone.

I've put a few (a very very few) stitches into
The Great Granny Scrappy Stripe
Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic 24
Yarn: Various

I also received a beautiful parcel this week from Polly at Paper Stories Yarn - two gorgeous skeins of Pansy Parkinson (who knew I'd ever love her?!) and lots of Lush goodies. This was originally lost in Royal Mail's system - for 9 months!! - so I was super glad to receive it at long last!


KNIT & NATTER

I wanted to share a little bit of what I've been up to recently as I've been away.

I've been a bit overwhelmed, particularly as I wasn't able to run and use exercise to maintain my equilibrium. Alongside my full-time day job, I've also been teaching on Saturday mornings and doing some freelancing (you can see some of what I've been working on over at LoveKnitting's Indie June!)

It's so easy to get overwhelmed and I've been piling on some pressure by choosing now to KonMari the flat after reading The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. While this may sound bonkers given how busy I am, I really do feel that I need some space and clarity at home, to help my mental health.

Sometimes self care is a book in the bath (right now I'm loving The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin), but sometimes it's about doing the hard thing. Making yourself uncomfortable in the short term for long term gain. So that's what I'm doing.

I'm away for the next two weekends, so I hope you'll bear with my summer schedule. I'm looking forward to having lots more to share when I'm back in a few weeks time.

Take care of yourself and I'll see you soon for another cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment