Sunday 1 April 2018

Tea & Possibilities Episode 43: Stashed Up

INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!

Today’s tea is Melbourne Breakfast from my T2 Adventure Box. I thought I liked the New York Breakfast, but realised I had made something else instead (but what? It was delicious!) When I actually tried the New York, I didn't like it. Too artificially sweet!
We have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.
The ReKnit KAL launched on 17th March! It will run until 18th May and the rules are:
  • Despite the name - crochet is allowed as well as knitting
  • Starts on 17th March - no WIPs allowed
  • Finishes on 18th May - you don't have to finish to qualify for a prize!
  • You must have knit this pattern at least once before
  • Please go over to the Chatter Thread to share what you're re-knitting/crocheting and why!
WIP'D UP!
I've been fairly monogamous this week...

I finished my first item for the ReKnit KAL (and my first FO this year?!)

Hats for the Homeless #1
Yarn: Willow & Lark Ramble in (accidentally two shades of grey) 104 Battleship Grey and 120 Pudle Blue

Two new cast ons...

Hats for the Homeless #2
Pattern: Smart Hat by Silja Devine
Yarn: Willow & Lark Woodland in 413 Army

Stranded Affection
Pattern: Color Affection by Veera Välimäki
Yarn: Stranded Dyeworks in Naive Watercolour, First Frost and Piñata

At the moment, it's still cold enough to wear my Colour Block Shawl by Sarah Knight of Crafts from the Cwtch, but I'm hoping it'll be warm enough for the lighter Color Affection when it's finished.

Next up is my big stash enhancement, starting with a skein of Norah George Yarns in the colourway 12 Trees, that Rachel (of the Crafty Historian podcast) sent me.

Many of these colourways aren't available, but here are all the details:

Stitch Please - Everyday I'm Hufflein'
Norah George Yarns - Merfolk
Yarn Cafe Creations - Toadstool
Norah George Yarns - Garden Gnome
Countess Ablaze - Hey Girl, Hey Boy
Elm Tree Yarns - Newt
Stress Knits - 23
Adelaide Cottage - Reader, I Married Him
TréLiz - Yarngasm

Phew! I need to get sock knitting!

KNIT & NATTER

This year, after a couple of years of watching other projects, I'm taking part in The 100 Day Project. The idea is to commit to something, for just 100 days. The project is run by @elleluna and @lyndsayjeanthomson.

After taking a yoga basics class with Csilla (you can find her on Instagram @girlonthegreen), I'm really keen to build an at home yoga practice. So I'm committing to 10 Sun Salutations every day, for 100 days.

I will be doing longer practices when I have the time - my favourites are Yoga by Candace on YouTube - but 10 Sun Salutes are my daily minimum. I'm planning to film the process and will share that when the project is over.

Are you taking part this year? What are you spending 100 days doing?

I'm looking forward to hearing about it. And I'll see you next week for another cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment