Monday 26 March 2018

Tea & Possibilities Episode 42: Progress Creeper


INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!

Today’s tea is my a twist on my old favourite - French Earl Grey from T2! This came in a 20 Adventures box from a friend. We also have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.

The ReKnit KAL launched on 17th March! It will run until 18th May and the rules are:
  • Despite the name - crochet is allowed as well as knitting
  • Starts on 17th March - no WIPs allowed
  • Finishes on 18th May - you don't have to finish to qualify for a prize!
  • You must have knit this pattern at least once before
  • Please go over to the Chatter Thread to share what you're re-knitting/crocheting and why!
WIP'D UP!

Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic 24
Yarn: Various, from my advent calendar swap

Find out how to do a Magic Knot here: The Magic Knot by Bella Coco


Selbu Mittens
Pattern: Selbu Mittens from the Selbu Mitten Club by Skeindeer Knits
Yarn: The Knitting Swede Spartan DK in London Fog and Samarkand

I was originally knitting these using Addi Brass Lace needles and I really didn't get on with them at all. I found they quickly tarnished and had a lot of drag on them.

Inspired by Amy's Interchangeable Needle review, I wanted to try the Lykke needles (as I would like a wooden interchangeable set to go with my Chiagoo Interchangeables). I picked some Lykke fixed circs up at EYF and they are brilliant - really gorgeous needles!
Remember that care package Katie and Amy sent me last week? Well, included in it was a gorgeous skein of Stranded Dyeworks Oasis in Naive Watercolour and this weekend I picked up Piñata and First Frost for my second Color Affection (for the Re-Knit KAL!)

I did dive into a friend's de-stash this weekend, but I'll share that next episode as now is the time to talk about Edinburgh Yarn Festival 2018!




KNIT & NATTER

I didn't film a vlog, as it was such a whirlwind visit, I wanted to be fully present. Maybe next year I'll go for two days, so I can enjoy it and get lots of footage. I might even pluck up the courage to apply to be a podcaster...!

I couldn't believe that Nathan of Sockmatician was sat in front of me on the way there (I didn't say a word about that until I bumped into him at the festival itself). We also met Kristin of Voolenvine Yarns and Yarngasm podcast, who is lovely.

My first purchase was some Lykke fixed circs from A Yarn Story. We then checked out Ysolda's pop up stall, where I bought her Mīlēt Mittens and the Rauma yarn to knit them in. She also stocked Katrinkles! So I got the sweater and mittens I wanted for ages.

I finally nabbed This Thing of Paper by Karie Westermann at the Dye Ninja booth. I was also lucky enough to receive a bag of minis from a viewer (thank you!) and a project bag from The Knitting Goddess from a lovely gentleman I met at the Festival.

It was definitely a very small haul, but it all makes me happy and mainly I was there for the people. I got to spend my last morning with friends, enjoying the delights that Coro the Chocolate Cafe had to offer. (I can heartily recommend the pumpkin spice waffles!)

I'm hoping to be back next week, as it's a long weekend. In the meantime, drink plenty of tea and knit plenty of stitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment