Monday 29 January 2018

Tea & Possibilities Episode 39: Stockinette Doldrums


INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!


Today’s tea is my first cup of the day - Yorkshire Gold with barely any milk (I am very anti-milky tea!). We also have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.

I've heard from three of the winners of the Best Year Ever KAL, but waiting on one more. If you entered and haven't seen Episode 38 yet - please go and have a look. You might have won!

WIP'D UP!



Yarn: Various, from my advent calendar swap (everything is listed, row by row, on the project page)

Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic 24
Yarn: Various, from my advent calendar swap (everything is listed, row by row, on the project page)

Currently living in a beautiful little bag from Rachel of the Crafty Historian Podcast.

Yarn: Oasis Finger from Stranded Dyeworks in Industrial Kingfisher

This one is living in my Eldenwood Craft project bag (and none the worse for a wine spillage!)

I'll be going to Unravel on Saturday 17th February. I'm 99% sure I'm going to Edinburgh Yarn Festival too - I'll let you know as soon as I have booked my travel and it's certain!

    I've bought some yarn from Laxton's to dye before and I would love to get a new lot of yarn to dye for my own sweater this year.


    HERE BE SPOILERS

    In which I rant about my love of theatre!

    My top three pics are:

    The Cursed Child, The Palace Theatre, 2017
    This was actually during Vlogtober, so you can watch my vlog about it.

    Doctor Faustus, The Globe, 2011
    This is one of the Globe's midnight matinees and it's definitely my favourite midnight matinee I've seen!

    Much Ado About Nothing, Wyndham's Theatre, 2011
    This was the year there were two big productions of Much Ado, the other one was on at The Globe. Also, you should give their version of Sigh No More a listen, haha!

    Honourable mentions go to: 
    Henry V (pop-up in a Marylebone basement)
    War Horse (National Theatre)
    The Death of King Arthur (Sam Wannamaker Playhouse)
    The Tempest (The Globe, midnight matinee)
    Macbeth (The Globe)
    Regent's Park Open Air Theatre (I've seen two different productions of A Midsummer Night's Dream here!)



    KNIT & NATTER

    This year is the 25th Anniversary of Jurassic Park (one of my Top Three films!). To celebrate, the Pop Funko guys are doing a Jurassic Park series. Notice there is no Ellie Sattler in the this batch!

    You can find two versions of Dennis Nedrys and even a special 'sexy' wounded Ian Malcolm, but there's no Ellie in this first series. She is due as part of the vehicle series in February. It's disappointing not to see her holding her own in the first batch though - she's a main character and a big hero of mine when I was little. They're even releasing dinosaurs!!

    Rant over - how discombobulated I was filming early on a Sunday! See you soon for another cup of tea :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment