Sunday 14 January 2018

Tea & Possibilities Episode 38: Lucky Bean


INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!

Today’s tea is my old favourite - Earl Grey!

I’m pulling the winners for the Best Year Ever KAL today, so if this is you - let me know via DM on Ravelry. If I don’t hear from you by mid-February, I’ll pop these prizes back in the prize drawer for the next KAL.


Winners:
Eliseandlife - Counting Sheep Yarn and a project bag from Mrs S Creations
Nadiratani - Yarn from Studio C and The Yarn Collective
YarnTaxiDriver - Counting Sheep Yarn and a project bag from Cosy Cute Knits
Catmanandrobin - Yarn from Ella Rae and Mirasol


I’m taking a little break from KALs for a month or so - a year long KAL was biting off more than I could chew! But I’m planning 3 KALs this year, the first to start in March - so keep an eye out for further details in February (and if you think you might like to donate a prize, please DM me via Ravelry!)


WIP'D UP!

Katie of Inside Number 23 and Amy of Stranded and I decided to do an advent calendar and I am obsessed. 12 minis from Katie and 12 from Amy and you have the projects that have consumed me for the last month or so!

Yarn: Various, from my advent calendar swap (everything is listed, row by row, on the project page)

Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic 24
Yarn: Various, from my advent calendar swap (everything is listed, row by row, on the project page)

This is living in my lovely project bag that Rachel of the Crafty Historian podcast made me for Christmas.

I have so fallen in love with Faerie Hair by Voolenvine that I’m going to try my luck at getting a sweater quantity...

Yarn: Oasis Finger from Stranded Dyeworks in Industrial Kingfisher

Frogged and started again!

I received a skein of A Homespun House in Puddle Jumper from Katie for Christmas and treated myself when the three of us went to Wild & Woolly to a skein of West Yorkshire Spinners and some Addi Sock Wonders. I’m looking forward to trying the Addi CraSy Trios when I can get some!

Apart from mastering socks (one day, guys! One day!), I want to knit more garments this year because I’m so intimidated by them and the only way around that is to knit them!

I finished my Hortencia and it’s fine (I will get photos and share a full FO post one day) but it fits with my wardrobe of several years ago, rather than what I like to wear now. So I really want to focus on making things I love and will wear.

I’m participating in #MakeNine2018 and my plans are:
Kerrytown Pullover by Annie Lupton
Mae by Andrea Mowry
Gingerbread by Libby Jonson (Truly Myrtle)
Leap Year Cardigan - Suvi Simola
Light Trails - Suvi Simola
Coco by Tilly & the Buttons
Agnes by Tilly & the Buttons
Emmeline Tee by Little Tailoress
Farrow Dress by Grainline Studio

But first I want to finish my Pavement and get the Campside Cardi by Alicia Plummer on and off the needles.


    KNIT & NATTER

    I was super lucky this week and got free tickets to see Ovo - the new Cirque du Soleil show at the Royal Albert Hall! A friend of ours builds sets and he was working on the show and got us tickets!

    It was super last minute - but an absolute joy! Absolutely magical to watch - I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I would definitely recommend that you go and see it if you can!

    Well that’s all for this week - Happy New Year everyone! Looking forward to spending lots of time with you this year. See you soon for another cup of tea :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment