Monday 27 November 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 37: Unknitting





INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!

The Best Year Ever KAL is a year long knit along which started on 1st January 2017 and will be running until 31st December 2017. You knit 4 things that bring you lots of joy and you could win a prize!

This week's tea is Tregothnan Lemon Verbena, which we unearthed when unpacking, along with my lovely tea box! If you are in need of more tea inspiration, there is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group. I also did a video about my trip to see the Cursed Child, which is where I bought the mug!

I won't be running a penpal call this quarter (things are crazy right now!) so if you would still like to find a penpal, please check out the Find a Penpal thread!




WIP'D UP!

Let's start with a FO again !

Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Chunky in the Steel & Stitch colourway

I did a 6 row border in hump stitch using grey and red and I love how it turned out!

New on the needles…

Yarn: Spartan DK from The Knitting Swede in Samarkand and London Fog

I found a really great video on knitting colourwork in the round, which was super helpful to me! Also Eli of Skeindeer’s Stranded Knitting Special is marvellous!

These are the Narwal Mittens I’d love to make for myself and these are Ysolda’s beautiful new Milet Mittens.

Yarn: Oasis Finger from Stranded Dyeworks in Industrial Kingfisher

New yarn from Willow & Lark! I have 6 balls of the Woodland in Marmalade for the Campside Cardi and two balls of Army Green for the Zoe Wrist Warmers.




HERE BE SPOILERS

Top three TV shows this week!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997-2003). I’m also including Angel in this because I loved that show too (and Wesley!)

Doctor Who (specifically ‘New Who’ - 2005-present). This is an enormous show and I love it - it can be super silly, but it’s also creepy and dark and raises some really big questions. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with the new female Doctor!

Merlin (2008-2012). This is much sillier and lighter than the previous two - but it’s still wonderful because they got such great characters. I do wish they’d gone a little darker as in Doctor Who.

Also mentioned - Outlander (but I prefer the books to the show)

Would love to hear your top threes - I've started a Top Three thread on the group so you can share!





KNIT & NATTER

I have recently come off the contraceptive pill (please don’t get excited - I have no intention of starting a family just yet!) and suffered some really hideous withdrawal which made me totally lose my knitting mojo.

Why bring that up on a knitting podcast? Because women’s reproductive health and their monthly cycle are totally natural things that should be talked about more openly and without any embarrassment. But I could find very little online about it (please drop me links to anything you’ve seen!)

Something that I found really helped was Claire Baker’s work.

That's all folks - I'll see you next week, for another cuppa!

No comments:

Post a Comment