Wednesday 28 September 2016

Craft Corner Clear Out

One of the things I really wanted to do was tidy up my craft corner. We don't have the biggest flat, so my craft corner was getting a little out of hand. Evidence below...



Ahem. Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?

I got up super early one morning, popped on some podcasts and determined to get it all sorted out and tidied up before I headed out for the day.

It got worse before I got better, let me tell you. But now look at it! Isn't it neat and lovely? I removed the fabric I had stacked in my wicker basket, loaded it all into canvas bags and put it in the wardrobe, so that I had more room in the basket for sock yarn and scrap yarn. Then the open basket in the top stores all my current WIPS or things I want to start really soon.



First up! My Cosy Memories Blanket. I love love love this. It's so lovely just to pick up and put down, all the colours are wonderful and, in my clear out, I found scraps from old projects that I can work into this. Brilliant!

Pattern is The Cosiest Memory by Kemper Wray, although I've modded it slightly - using bigger needles and casting on 50 stitches instead of 46.

Then there's my poor neglected Cornish Lilli Pilli. I put this on hiatus when I decided to crack on and get the Christmas stockings finished, but now it's time to get back on this. I'd love to have this finished by the end of the year - wouldn't it look lovely with a light jacket in the spring? And then over summer dresses on chillier evenings?

The brilliant team at Love Knitting.com sent me some of their new Paintbox Yarns range to try out. I'm not quite sure what to do with the acrylics yet - I'm musing on baby clothes (not pregnant), but have yet to fix on any patterns - but the cottons are perfectly, festively frosty. So these are going to become a little something for decorating the flat this Christmas. I'll report back on these yarns once I've knit them up - there'll be a full review in the FO post! But in the meantime - the squish test and the colour lover test have both delivered thumbs up!

I hate actually doing the clearing out - mainly because it always gets worse before it gets better, which is always awful - but I love the result. Finding things you'd forgotten about is a joy and it's so inspiring when things are easy to find and use.


No comments:

Post a Comment