Thursday 24 March 2016

The Weasley Jumper Project




The Stargazer Wrap is FINISHED (insert happy dance here) and there will be an FO post as soon as I can get pictures taken. Which can only mean that now is the time to cast on some shiny new WIPs, hooray!

So, you remember last week when I blogged about all the lovely cast ons I've got coming up, right? Well... None of those are on my needles. Because I am fickle-brained when it comes to tempting KALs and Potter connections.

Let me explain. Last week I discovered the Inside Number 23 podcast, by the lovely Katie. This podcast is already a firm favourite, I just love Katie. She's so warm and excitable and, as with all the very best podcasts, feels like she'd definitely be a friend if you met her in real life. The main reason I think that Katie would be a great friend (apart from her obvious love of yarn and dogs) is that she is a massive Potterhead and you all know how I feel about Harry Potter (and Neville Longbottom, but that's another story).

Katie launched a Harry Potter KAL on 1st March and, though I missed the start date, I'm determined to cast on today. It finishes at the end of April so I'm not sure I'll finish, but given all the upheaval that's just around the corner, this felt like the right thing at the right time.

My cast on is to be a Weasley Jumper, in Rowan Felted Tweed Teal and Debbie Bliss BFL Aran in a buttercup yellow. Blues and greens are very much my wardrobe staple (Piscean cliche perhaps?) and this is just what I pictured when Fred and George bounded in on that first Christmas Day, in matching blue jumpers with yellow initials. I do not have a great history with intarsia, but I'm hoping the Power of Potter will carry me through.

I'm currently reading Better Than Before on my Kindle (more about that in my monthly reading roundup at the end of the month) but I'm also reaching for my ancient tatty copy of Philosopher's Stone to read alongside it. I can't remember the last time I had read the entire series, now feels like a good time.

I will be casting on the other projects I mentioned in my last cast on post, but life is very much in a state of flux at the moment, with half my stuff staying in London until we find a flat. Packing one project feels easier to manage and I hopefully won't finish until I'm back in London. (Maybe I'll pack just one other project...)

No comments:

Post a Comment