Saturday 28 March 2020

Tea & Possibilities Episode 70: Some Failure Involved


INTRODUCTION
You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group where the Episode 70 Chatter Thread is live! And don't forget the Show Us Your Socks thread!

Today’s tea is... coffee! I haven't had any coffee in weeks as I only get it from the coffee shop at work, so when my Mum got some coffee, I had to have some!
Don't forget, we have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.
As well as my usual thank you to my new and returning viewers, I want to say a special thank you to NHS staff and other key workers. You put your health at risk to support and help everyone else. My Mum works in the NHS, so I understand some of the stress you're under. It's not enough - but you're amazing and thank you for it.

WIP'D UP
FOs:

Haunted Baby Yoda
Pattern: Baby Yoda by Kim Konen
Yarn: Stitch & Story The Chunky Wool in 'Ivory White' and Rico Design Essentials Soft Merino Aran in 'Sage'

This is definitely terrible and not an accurate Baby Yoda. I am so bad at toys! I'm going to maybe replace the eyes and reattach the ears to try and improve the overall look.

HOs:


Dunderknit Socks
Pattern: Vanilla Sock Recipe from Meanwhile at the Castle
Yarn: Tiny Human Knits Merino Nylon in 'Dunderknit Rainbow' & West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4-ply in 'Nutmeg'

One DONE! I'm so happy with these - they're so so pretty! I have dropped a stitch in the foot - so I need to fix that. Any good fixes for that, please let me know!

I'm on the heel flap for the second sock and I have got them matching, but I'm not sure if i'll have enough yarn to complete the foot. I do have a second skein though, so it'll be fine whatever happens!

WIPs:

Plucky Hat
Pattern: Tuck Stitch Beret, Sirdar 9075
Yarn: Plucky Knitter Cozy DK in 'Nessie'

This yarn was a gift from Caroline (of Knitting Vicariously) as a thank you for house-sitting. It's living in another gift - a Hide & Hammer bag! I've wanted one for ages and this is truly gorgeous - yellow is one of my favourite colours and this is just stunning.

I've cast this hat on twice - for some reason I couldn't get it right at all the first time. I frogged so many times, I just decided to start over again and that seemed to work.

Stash Enhancement:

The lovely Caroline also gave me two more beautiful skeins. Fab Funky Fibres Merino Nylon Self-Striping in 'Mr Smith' will definitely becoming another pair of Christmas socks when I'm back in the mood for that.

The second skein is my very first skein of Cat Sandwich Fibers, in Trustie Sock 'Secrets of the Golden Flower'. SO GORGEOUS! Not sure what I want to knit out of it, but I feel like it should be on display.

KNIT & NATTER


It is a really strange time at the moment, it still feels so surreal to be trapped in this global pandemic and to be unable to head out to work, the gym, to see friends.

It can be hard and lonely and boring - even when you're someone with a lot of hobbies! 

Some of the things I'm doing include revisiting old films that I love - a few Disneys (and The Mandalorian!) and Jurassic Park and Jurassic World have been great.

I've been catching up on the Privy Chamber episodes of Rex Factor, which are available to me as a Patron. I've also caught up on The Knitmore Girls and completed The Half-Blood Prince on Harry Potter & The Sacred Text. I've got a couple more podcasts that I'm trying - I'll let you know if I recommend them!

I recently finished The Mercies by Kiran Millwood Hargrave, which is about a witch trial on a Norweigian island in the 1600s. It's very very good, but pretty bleak. 
Next up is The Golden Thread by Kassia St Clair, which is non-fiction book about how fabric impacted history.

I'll be downloading The Mirror and the Light by Hilary Mantel - I can't wait! Wolf Hall and Bring Up The Bodies are the first two books in the Thomas Cromwell trilogy - both I would highly recommend, as well as the BBC adaptation with Mark Rylance as Cromwell and Claire Foy as Anne Boleyn.

I'm going to make a dinosaur out of a little kit I got for my birthday and I'm going to get a triceratops from Sincerely Louise for my cousin's baby. Also toying with the idea of trying silver clay...

I've also signed up for a course from Historic Royal Palaces on the History of Royal Fashion.

As I can't go on my long runs at the moment, I'm trying to do more yoga. I used to be really flexible, but the running (and the fact I've not really done yoga in years!) has stiffened me up a bit, so I'm working on that. 

I've set myself a habit tracker to try and remind myself to take my vitamins and hydrate and move and I'm just trying to be gentle with myself. There's no right way to get through this.

Until next time, folks, have a lovely knitty week. Stay healthy, stay safe and stay home!

No comments:

Post a Comment