Monday 2 March 2020

Tea & Possibilities Episode 69: Knitception


INTRODUCTION
You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group where the Episode 69 Chatter Thread is live! And don't forget the Show Us Your Socks thread!

Today’s tea is my first of the day, thanks to my Nan, this time who brewed it up for me - Earl Grey is the tea that lives downstairs, so it's always the one I have when someone else brews up.

Don't forget, we have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try.

I am now back on Instagram! I really enjoyed my break and will probably take them more regularly as I don't want to become too reliant on social media and it was just nice not to be tied to it for a while.

WIP'D UP

What am I wearing;

Amy's Insouciant
Pattern: Insouciant by Julie Hoover
Knit by: Amy Florence of Stranded

Amy's Rosemont
Pattern: Rosemont (Cardigan - not Tee as I said on the podcast!) by Hannah Fettig
Knit by: Amy Florence of Stranded

Massive thank you to Amy for giving these beautiful knits to me - they've both been in my queue for a long time, so I'm happy to have them in my wardrobe and see how they fit so I know what size to make when I knit them.

FOs:
Onion Johnnies Hat
Pattern: Onion Johnnies by Soléne Le Roux
Yarn: A Busy Life Yarn DK in 'Roasted Marshmallow'

I'm sad that this hat didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, I think it's probably me rather than the pattern. 

I had considered buying new yarn to knit a plan loose fitting hat, but I really don't want to buy when I have stash, so thanks to my Ravelry stash tab, I remembered I do have a skein of Madeline Tosh, which I was going to use to knit wristers to match my Caswell Bay hat. Instead, I'm going to use it to knit a hat and that will be it with my Madeline Tosh stash.

WIPs:


Cosy Squares
Pattern: The Coziest Memory by Kemper Wray
Yarn: Various (see Ravelry project page for more details)

I had hoped to have this finished, but it wasn't to be! But slow and steady - slow and steady wins the race.

Dunderknit Socks
Pattern: Vanilla Sock Recipe from Meanwhile at the Castle
Yarn: Tiny Human Knits Merino Nylon in 'Dunderknit Rainbow' & West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4-ply in 'Nutmeg'

I ADORE this yarn - so so pretty! And I had to choose some gold adjacent yarn for the contrast. Can't wait to knit this when I see Caroline - KNITCEPTION!

Giveaway time!

Thanks to the lovely folks at LoveCrafts (where I used to work!) have got 10 balls of Paintbox Yarns DK to giveaway and thank you so much for all the entries in the thread over the last couple of weeks.

Random Number Generator pulled post 45 from the thread - so heatherandhops, please DM me on Ravelry with your address and I'll arrange to have the yarn sent out to you.


KNIT & NATTER


It's been such an eventful month! Last night for my birthday, some friends and I went axe throwing - which was AMAZING, I loved it so much and I can't wait to go again. 

Earlier in the month, I went to Wales to visit a friend and her family and it was such a lovely chilled weekend - despite Storm Dennis! I really would recommend Wales for a trip, it's a beautiful country, there's lots to do, great walks, wonderful creative and crafty stuff in villages. Just try not to go during a storm!

Next up I went to Scotland with Katie of Inside Number 23 to visit Amy, which was another perfectly chilled out weekend. Lots of knitting and beach walking and time with friends and #NotMyCat - I'm a lucky girl!

That's all for now, folks! I'll see you soon for another cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment