Sunday 24 September 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 34: FO-Sure



INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!

The Best Year Ever KAL is a year long knit along which started on 1st January 2017 and will be running until 31st December 2017. You knit 4 things that bring you lots of joy and you could win a prize! 


It was an early start for this podcast, so I'm enjoying a (very strongly brewed!) cup of PG Tips to try and give me a bit of get and go! If you are in need of more tea inspiration, t
here is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.




WIP'D UP!

After a few weeks away, I have two FOs!


Hat Kick Take #4: La Bien Hat

Pattern: Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure
Yarn: La Bien Aimee - Merino High Twist Sock in La Littoral

Hat Kick Take #5: Happy Birthday!

Pattern:  Fuego Hat by Justyna Lorkowska
Yarn: MadelineTosh Tosh Vintage in Candlewick

This week's WIPs are:


Shanghai Stripes Blanket

Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic24
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in the Steel & Stitch colourway, leftovers from my Crochet Girl Gang Blanket

This was inspired by the leftovers of my (Little) Girl Gang blanket, which was based on the Crochet Girl Gang Blanket by Potter & Bloom and Steel & Stitch.


Cornish Affection

Ravelry Page: here
Pattern: Color Affection by Veera Valimaki
Yarn: Stranded Dyeworks Paradise base in custom dyed colourways (Amy is sadly no longer offering custom dyed yarn)

The lovely Carol of A Single Strand Studio very kindly sent me two beautiful project bags - a Dumbledore's Army bag for me and a knitting one for you! 


As the podcast turns one in a couple of weeks, this beautiful bag will be up for grabs to celebrate! So keep an eye out for the next episode to find out how to win!


A massive thank you to Carol - these bags are beautiful and so well made, I love mine! As well as visiting the Etsy shop, you can also follow A Single Strand on Instagram.



KNIT & NATTER



Since the last episode, we spent a lovely few days in Bologna, Italy. 

I'd heartily recommend Buca Manzoni, if you're ever there - we had a couple of great meals there. I'd also recommend Lambrusco (sparkling red wine is delicious - who knew?!)


Always get gelato! And there's an amazing pizza place next to the two towers, where you can get a slice of margarita pizza for €1.50 and eat it in plaza watching the people go by.


We also went to Venice, which was beautiful, but was so busy I was quite glad I wasn't staying there!


If you're not scared of heights, climb Le Due Torri - the view over the city and the mountains beyond is beautiful.


I'm working on editing together all the video I shot while I was there, so keep an eye out for that in the next couple of weeks.


It's so good to be back! I'll see you soon, for another cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment