Wednesday 7 December 2016

Annual Hibernation

Does anyone else feel like despite the best intentions, December always kicks their butt??

I certainly do and you may have noticed that I've barely posted in the last couple of weeks. With the podcast, the build up to Christmas and all that entails - from shopping to meet ups to parties and functions - the time needed to sit and write is pretty limited.

And I found myself worrying - I wasn't getting a blog out every Wednesday and Friday!! Oh no!!

But here's the thing - I'm not the only one that's busy this time of year. No one is going to mind a few missed posts. So I decided to take December off.

There will be a podcast next week, this is likely to be my final official one before Christmas as we're off to Cornwall, but I will be sharing some vlogs - that's the plan anyway.

But mostly the plan is the breathe. To ride out this stinking cold, to wrap presents while listening to Christmas music and to finish my handmade Christmas presents without stress and without tears.

To drink hot chocolate and watch Elf and Santa Claus: The Movie. To go ice skating and make gingerbread. To snuggle with my love and wear thick woolly socks.

To take a good long deep breathe as the year peters out and we dive into the next.

There will be a book review post, but until then I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Enjoy yourself!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree - my to do list does not seem to be getting shorter, but the Christmas knitting is almost done, so maybe there will be an end soon. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete