Monday, 21 November 2016

Tea & Possibilities Episode 8: Stitched Up



INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry.

Yet again, I'm chasing the light as it gets darker due to early nights and non-stop rain all day! I even abandoned my tea just so I can could eek out a few more minutes of decent light.

The flickering light you'll notice is just a candle, in an attempt to cheer things up a little - All Is Bright by Yankee Candle.


WIP'D UP!

Firstly, the scarf I'm wearing is the Colourblock Shawl by Sarah Knight of Crafts from the Cwtch, knitted out of Scheepjeswol in Stonewashed XL. I would knit this again over and over.

We do not talk about my Lilli Pilli - it's safer not to at this point...

But what I have been working on is the designs for my Christmas stockings! The first one is almost finished - using plastic canvas and Anchor threads. I created the designs with good old graph paper and then transferred them to the MacStitch programme.

I also received an amazing gift from the lovely people at LoveKnitting.com who sent me a Paintbox Yarns Advent Calendar as a thank you for my vlog about The Flock. Bringing my total number of calendars up to an embarrassing four...

These are the beautiful crochet baubles I'm hoping to make with the contents.

HERE BE SPOILERS

I wax lyrical about The Crown, a British-American production about the early years of the current Queen of England, Elizabeth II. You'll find it on Netflix here in the UK, I'm not sure if it's out elsewhere yet.

I get all starry eyed over the wonder that is Claire Foy and the stunning costumes. Money well spent, I say! 


GOAL POWER

I've said before that I plan to avoid stress and, as this time of year can be very stressful (there's always so much to do!), I decided I needed to get really organised. Enter, as always, my bullet journal.

I had look on YouTube for some inspiration and have decided to recreate the dedicated Christmas Planner that Caitlin of Caitlin's Corner put together. Just need to get my hands on a new notebook!

And that's all folks! See you for another cuppa next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment