Monday 24 October 2016

Tea & Possibilities Episode 5: Short & Sweet


INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry.

Today's tea is hot apple juice for my sore throat!


WIP'D UP!

Sniffly and sleepy this week so not much got done, but...

My Cosy Memories Blanket
Pattern: Cosiest Memory by Kemper Wray
Yarn: Recent addition from the Pop Fizzle Collection from bykateselene.

Cornish Lilli Pilli

Pattern: Lilli Pilli by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn: Custom seaside colourways by Stranded Dyeworks

Mini Weasley Jumpers
Pattern: Mini Weasley Sweater Ornaments by Alison Hansel
Yarn: Various, including Madeline Tosh, Rowan Felted Tweed and DY Choice Aran

Non-fibre WIPs have included:

Christmas Puddings!
An old family recipe and family tradition dictates they always have to be made before Halloween (I'll be blogging all about this later in the week)

Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
We've been having a Bake Off Bonanza at work - we all got assigned a contestant and when they get voted out, we have to bake. I got Benjamina, who went the week before last, but I'm only just getting around to baking them - oops!

Recipe is from the incredible Ms Cupcake: The Naughtiest Vegan Cakes in Town by Mellissa Morgan. You can visit the (really dreamy) shop in Brixton too - find out more here. Would hugely recommend! And again, I'll be blogging about this as I've never made vegan cakes before.


KNIT & NATTER

A short one this week due to the sniffling.

It's all about autumn! I am in love with this season - it's my favourite for weather (bright, but cool), for colours, for food. The food is just wonderful - I am all about all the squashes you can get this time of year, the spices, yum!

Oh and the smells! Love the scents that come out this time of year. I've just bought a Cinnamon Stick and a Mandarin Cranberry Yankee Candle. This is the Hot Towel scent that blew my mind. Other favourites include Cappucino Truffle, Christmas Cookie and Lemon Lavender.

Latest discovery is Bath and Bodyworks and you can find all their pumpkin stuff here.

No comments:

Post a Comment