Monday 8 February 2016

The Froggy Cowl and Other Projects

It feels quite odd to have not written here for a week, but after my post about burn out I decided to take some time off. I finished up work last Friday and spent the whole weekend in my pyjamas, catching up on lots and lots of sleep, taking all my vitamins, drinking loads of water and catching up on some favourite shows. 

Come Monday I felt amazing - just like my old self again and since then, I've been tackling work, projects and the long commute like a pro. 

So lets have a quick run down of whats on the needles, off the needles and in the works...

Technically not off the needles just yet, but one of my frogged projects is rapidly approaching completion. I decided that I needed to frog my Red Leaves Beret, as I wasn't getting much wear out of it, and got immediately stuck into knitting it up into a Mira Cowl instead. This is going to be my around the house cowl, as it's not thick enough to wear outside - maybe in the spring? I have cast it off, but I'm not happy with it; I'd would prefer a stretchier cast off. 

So I'm pulling that out and perusing my copy of Leslie Bestor Ann's Cast On Bind Off for a better alternative. Hoping to get it blocked this week so I can photograph it this weekend. 

Once that's all over, I'll be tackling the Stargazer Wrap once more. It's an epic project so I need to get on with it really. Unfortunately, it's getting pretty big so it's not something I can take with me on my commute, which is a shame, as I'd get a lot more done on it if I could! I think I'm going to have to be strict with myself and focus on just that for a moment, until it's finished... Or at least, almost finished... My (woefully neglected) sock can be my on the go project in the meantime.

I'm hoping to crack on with my next frogged project as soon as the wrap is finished. I'm itching to get stuck into a garment as soon as possible, so am eyeballing the Fold and Turn.

In other delicious news, I have received three skeins of Juno Fibre Arts Alice in the Canopy colourway. It's up there with the prettiest yarn I've ever owned. An indulgent alpaca, silk and cashmere blend that I cannot stop stroking. I want to make something truly magical out of it. In an ideal world I'd make an Old Romance by Joji Locatelli, but I'm not sure 1311 yards would go the distance. I will measure up and figure it out. If not - any cardy pattern recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment