Monday 3 September 2018

Tea & Possibilities Episode 49: AWOL FO


INTRODUCTION
You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group! Today’s tea is nettle, from Tregothnan Tea, which I picked up while I was in Cornwall. It's one of my favourite brands and I am always happy to add more to the collection! We have a tea recommendation thread on the Ravelry group, if you're looking for something new to try. Thank you so much to everyone who got in contact after I shared about health issues. It was really kind of you and I was so touched. I have now had a pre-op and once those tests come back clear, I'll receive an operation date, sometime in October.


WIP'D UP
I have two FOs this week - but sadly one of them isn't with me!
Yarn: Regia Arne & Carlos Pairfect in Aalhus (9092)
I actually ran out of yarn on these, but I had enough to finish them for Rich's brother, whose feet are just that little bit smaller.


I cast these on and finished the first sock on the drive back to London - and they fit perfectly! I think I have a sock recipe! I have a Kate Selene sock set which I'm now really keen to cast on.

I believe Kate now does ready to ship as well as dyed-to-order, so just make sure to check before you order so you know when to expect it!

Yarn: Stranded Dyeworks Oasis in Industrial Kingfisher

I'm not as happy as I could be with the seam down the back of this jumper where I was alternating skeins - I think I definitely could have done that better. I'm also not so happy with where I've picked up the wraps.

I have a short row class by Carol Feller on Craftsy which I'm going to watch and I'm also going to look at doing German short rows next time.

I'm also hoping to go back to my Kerrytown Pullover soon, especially now as it's getting towards autumn - I want a lovely red jumper!

I have got some lovely bits and pieces to share, including some gorgeous handspun from Amy of Stranded (thank you so much, Amy!).

The Moon Issue from Pom Pom Quarterly is incredible - this is honestly far and away one of the best issues of Pom Pom ever. It's breathtaking and I hope everyone involved is super proud.

Lovely Paula, who I met at Fibre East a couple of weeks ago, was kind enough to send me some of the tube map yarn I've been hoping to knit with for ages. I can't wait to cast this on and wear my London socks with pride!

I also received a beautiful package from a viewer, including a sheepy project bag, a handknit hat (!!) and some minis for my memory blankets. Thank so much - it really was the cherry on my week!

Finally, this week, I've been getting a start on my advent calendar swap. It's been lovely winding and weighing yarn and filling up a little tin. Can't wait to snuggle up later this year and get them all labelled and wrapped - it's a great way to start the festive season and I'd totally recommend it!

Before we go on to Knit & Natter, with the 50th episode coming up, I wanted to celebrate with a little giveaway. Eli of Skeindeer Knits has given me a Selbu Mitten Club II to give away. To enter, visit the giveaway thread and let me know an idea for a top three.
I'll use random number generator on 15th September to choose a winner and I'll announce and share the winning top 3 in episode 50!

KNIT & NATTER

This week I wanted to share a little about overwhelm as I am feeling it at the moment.
It's easy for things to pile up and I know that what works for me is confronting things. So this week I plan to take some time to empty my worries onto paper and start working on them. This sounds scary, but often I just see how easy it is to cross a few off. Things always seem a bigger deal in my head.

Next I need to clear some space. I've not had enough battery charging time in recent weeks and months, so it's time to start booking it into my calendar and making it happen.

Have a great couple of weeks everyone - I'll see you soon for another cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment