Sunday 13 August 2017

Tea & Possibilties Episode 31: Double the FOs


INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Ravelry. We also have a Ravelry group!

The Best Year Ever KAL is a year long knit along which started on 1st January 2017 and will be running until 31st December 2017. You knit 4 things that bring you lots of joy and you could win a prize! 

Today's tea is Pukka's Vanilla Chai, gifted to me by the lovely Carly at Fibre East. If more tea inspiration, t
here is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.


WIP'D UP!

This week I have not one but two FOs!

Hat Kick Take #3: I Missed You
Pattern: Beeswax Hat by Amy van de Laar
Yarn: Madeline Tosh DK in Begonia Leaf

I have a bag of balloons and will be blocking my hats over the next week!

Librarian Cardigan
Pattern: Hortencia by Andi Satterlund
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in the Purple Heathers colourway

I decided to pick this up again as I knew it was so close to finishing and I want to clear my needles. And now it's done! Going to be blocked when I'm done filming and will stitch the buttons on ready for autumn :)

I've got a new cast on this week...

Hat Kick Take #4: La Bien Hat

Pattern: Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure
Yarn: La Bien Aimee - Merino High Twist Sock in La Littoral

Last weekend I went to Fibre East, where I treated myself to a lovely basket from the Basket Basket Company

I also met the lovely Eli of Skeindeer Knits, who inspired my yarny purchase - two skeins of Blue Faced Leicester from The Knitting Swede on their Spartan DK base. These are to make Eli's beautiful Selbu Mittens. (You can find out more about the Selburose here).

Planning ahead-wise... I will be frogging my Cornish Lilli Pilli to use the yarn in a Colour Affection. I'll also be frogging my Find Your House to use the yarn in a Stephen West project - most likely to be Fringed and Exploration Station.

Hoping to get my Colour Affection cast on for plane knitting as we're off to Italy soon!

A general stash sort is on the cards - I have the day before we fly off, so I may indulge then! I think there might even be space for a bullet journal spread on my stash too...



KNIT & NATTER


Some of my favourite stalls at Fibre East included Yarn Stories, Hey Jay and Fine Fish (I can't seem to find Yarn Stories online though - sob! - please let me know if it's familiar to you!)

I had such a lovely time, but all this out and abouting recently has left me feeling a bit of Imposter Syndrome. You can read more about Imposter Syndrome here - we all get it, so it's good to speak out and admit we don't all feel totally confident and in control all the time!

Thanks for hanging out with me today - I'll see you next week, for another cup of tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment