Sunday 14 May 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 24: Guide Sock



INTRODUCTION


You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also now have a Ravelry group!


The Best Year Ever KAL is a year long knit along which started on 1st January 2017 and will be running until 31st December 2017. You knit 4 things that bring you lots of joy and you could win a prize!


Today's tea is Carrot Cupcake from David's Tea, from the lovely Katie of Inside Number 23. I've also tried the rhubarb tea that Claire of the Beautiful Things podcast recommended and it was yummy! I'm on the look out for it when we do our little bits of shopping.

There is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.

For Rich's birthday, we visited the Chapel Down Winery in Kent for a tour and a tour of the vineyard and winery, a wine tasting and a delicious meal in The Swan Restaurant. It was super fun and interesting and the food was to die for - would totally recommend! It was only an hour on the train from London!

On Bank Holiday Monday I went to see Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead at The Old Vic. David Haig was a stand out and we got to meet Daniel Radcliffe afterwards!



Just a heads up that I'll be going on a work trip to Kyiv in Ukraine for a few days, so next week's episode may be light on WIPs. Which is fine because this episode is heavy on the WIP front...


WIP'D UP!

I bought my first project bag ever from Eldenwood Craft and it arrived this week! You should definitely buy all of Emma's bags as they are beautiful and she has a fab podcast too.

Currently living in my new alpine trees bag is...

Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic24
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in the Steel & Stitch colourway, leftovers

I'm probably going to take this to Kyiv as it's deliciously brainless. 8 pattern repeats to go!

I've reached the collar of...

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in the Purple Heathers colourway

This will probably now be a stay at home project as I feel like I need to concentrate on all those short rows - definitely no longer a travel project!

I've picked my sock again, working cuff down, magic loop on Hiya Hiyas, using Louise Harding Amitola in the Biscuit colourway. I've just turned the heel and I LOVE it. I used a short row heel which was simple and turned out well I think (we'll see how it works on the fit front later!) I'd like to try another type of heel next time I make a pair, so please recommend your favourite heels!

Finally, I popped to Paperchase this week and noticed they have lots of nice little bags that would make great project bags and I snagged myself a cute alpaca one. This is supposed to be for socks, but I currently have a different project on the needles...

Yarn: Various. First colour is Old Maiden Aunt Superwash Merino/Nylon/Sparkle 4-ply in 'Bluebells'

Yes! It's back on the needles and I love it now!

I have somehow acquired a lot of yarn in the last couple of weeks.

My Strawberry Sherbet Dip Socks in a Box from Kate Selene arrived this week! This was a birthday present to myself back in March (Kate currently dyes to order - so please check her lead times before you order to avoid disappointment!) and it did not disappoint! There were also some beautiful minis for my blanket and some toadstool stitch markers.

I met up with the lovely Katie of Inside Number 23 and Amy of Stranded (Dyeworks and Podcast) over the weekend and we visited Loop!

We all purchased The Artisan by Helga Isager - I am particularly obsessed with the Birch Jacket - and I treated myself to some Socks That Rock by Blue Moon Fiber Arts in Jumpin' Jellybean.

Planning to add some crochet garments to my wardrobe this year, as I've fallen in love with Frank & Olive's modern, wearable patterns - Oversized Cardigan, Stripe Dress and Oversized Granny Square Jumper.

Some Madeline Tosh in Earl Grey is also on its way to be made into a cabled hat.

KNIT & NATTER

Thank you all so much for the sweet comments and messages on my last Knit & Natter - it's so nice to talk to kindred spirits!

This week, I talk about my sugar addiction. Rich and I did I Quit Sugar by Sarah Wilson a few years ago and it felt amazing. I recently read Sweet Nothing by Nicole Mowbray and it really hit home - I need to reduce my sugar intake drastically.

How do you avoid sugar when you're surrounded by treats at work and at home??

See you next week for another cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment