Monday 27 February 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 17: The Colour Quest!


INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also now have a Ravelry group!

Today's tea is builder's tea - good old well brewed PG Tips with a dash of milk - my version of rocket fuel! There is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.

It's been a quiet week this week, due to some extreme sickness at home, meaning my Nan had to go into hospital to be rehydrated. She's all fine now though :)

Back in London this weekend, so sorry for the usual London echo. Just a heads up that my March schedule will be affected by birthdays (mine and others), travel, EYF and moving as, yes, Rich is finally moving to London, hooray!

There will most likely be no podcast the next two weeks, but my February Best Year Ever KAL video will be up soon and I'm planning a little birthday video, a Edinburgh prep video and some videos about Edinburgh itself - so keep an eye out!

The lovely Vikki of Vikki Bird Designs sent me some beautiful handknit socks in the post - as she knows I've got a mental block about knitting them myself! It was so kind of her and they are truly beautiful, so warm and snuggly. I love them!


WIP'D UP!

(Little) Girl Gang Baby Blanket
Pattern: Crochet Girl Gang by Emma Potter (of Potter & Bloom) and Emma Friedlander-Collins (of Steel & Stitch).
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in the Steel & Stitch colourway

Part OnePart TwoPart ThreePart FourPart Five and Part Six are all finished! So close to finishing weaving in all the ends!!

Dinah - Triceratops Trophy head
Pattern: Triceratops Trophy Head by Sincerely Louise
Yarn: Cygnet Seriously Chunky

All the pieces are finally finished! I'm almost looking forward to seaming this up, as it's been such a delight up to this point.

I would heartily recommend this kit - really well thought out and put together and such a great pattern!

Remember last week, when I said I was tempted by the Find Your Fade Shawl by Andrea Mowry after Katie of Inside Number 23 showed hers off? Well, the love is true and I've added it to my EYF lust list as I really want to find my fade there - determined to take needles with me to cast on!

I get so much wear out of my Crafts from the Cwtch Colour Block Shawl, that I know that I would love this! It will definitely be a contender for the next spot on my #BestYearEverKAL shortlist!

It's a short episode this week as it's mad busy with lots of visits! But I did want to let you know that I'll be at EYF on the Friday. I won't be at the podcaster meet up, but I'll be wandering around so do pop over and say hello! I would love to know what you're working on and what you're planning on buying. And if you have any more recommendations for my Things to Do in Edinburgh list - do let me know :)

I'll see you for a cuppa as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment