Wednesday 11 January 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 11: Happy New Year!



INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also now have a Ravelry group!

Today's tea is Purple Blush from Williamson's Tea. I'm drinking it out of my wonderful new Hufflepuff mug that I received for Christmas.

Both the Best Year Ever KAL (#BestYearEverKAL) and The Wardrobe Project (#TandPWardrobeProject) kicked off on 1st January.

A few reminders for the Best Year Ever KAL:
You can double dip - or even poly dip if you so wish!
You don't have to decide on all four of your projects now - and you can change your mind later! If a project gives you unexpected joy, you can certainly name it one of your Best Year Ever entries.
The only rule is that you have to start them 1s January or later - no WIPs allowed!

There will be a few new threads opening up over the coming month to help with your best year ever and I'll be doing a monthly video to share all the things that made that month great, to inspire you for the coming month. I'll open a thread around the 20th of every month for you to share your recommendations to be included in the video too.

There will also be a dedicated Best Year Ever KAL video coming up - when I can get my hands on the camera again. Once my Wardrobe Project book is started, I'll also be sharing that in a dedicated video.

WIP'D UP!

Semi FOs!

The Christmas Stockings were finished in time to give to my Mum and Nan, but they do need their ends woven in some pom-poms attached. They were ready to be gifted in time though!

My Nan also received an Eldenwood Craft project bag, which was stunning and I really want one for myself!

My only WIP is...

My Cosy Memories Blanket
Pattern: Cosiest Memory by Kemper Wray
Yarn: Recent additions have all come from Opal Sock Yarn Advent Calendar

I'm planning to use the minis from my Paintbox Yarns Advent Calendar to join in the Ornamentalong. I'm also tempted to start the Granny Stripe crochet pattern that's doing the rounds (pattern by Attic24).

Coming up is the Crochet Girl Gang Blanket for my friend's baby. I'm also making her a Pumpkin Hat by Susan H. Esser and an Alfalfa Hat by Kate Gagnon Osborn.

For myself, I want to make a lot of garments. I plan to make Andi Satterlund's Hortencia cardigan out of Stranded Dyeworks Charred Plum. I've also downloaded Andi's Myrna cardigan.

Others I'm considering are the Vertex by Julie Weisenberger and Callas by Bristol Ivy.


GOAL POWER

Just a quick natter about how I'm adding a monthly calendar to my planning repetoire. I used a calendar a lot when I was at uni and found it really useful when it came to planning out my semester's in big chunks. Really helped me be productive throughout the semester instead of just at the end!

I'm using it now to prevent things sneaking up on me. In particular I'm filling in the festivals I want to go to - like Edinburgh Yarn Festival.


HERE BE SPOILERS

I was really hoping to have lots to talk about - but as I've yet to watch Sally Wainwright's Bronte biopic To Walk Invisible and the Doctor Who Christmas Special, there's only one thing to say... And that is - Rogue One!


KNIT & NATTER

Just a little chat about being an introvert as I am one and because of that, I often find Christmas a little overwhelming as you do have to be a bit of a social butterfly! Here's an article I found about it: An Introvert's Survival Guide to Christmas. I'll be reading Quiet by Susan Cain later in the year.

Have a great week and I'll see you next week for another cuppa!

No comments:

Post a Comment