Saturday, 27 May 2017

Tea & Possibilities Episode 25: Inaugural Yarn Cake




INTRODUCTION

You can find me on Instagram and Twitter, as well as Ravelry. We also now have a Ravelry group!

The Best Year Ever KAL is a year long knit along which started on 1st January 2017 and will be running until 31st December 2017. You knit 4 things that bring you lots of joy and you could win a prize! 

Today's tea is Yorkshire Gold because I need my rocket fuel! There is a tea recommendation thread in the Ravelry group.

Very little making done this week as I was away in Kyiv for a few days and then was to exhausted to do much!


WIP'D UP!

I've started the foot on my sock! I frogged a few times, as I was getting a hole in the gusset. So I picked up a stitch there and decreased it away on the next round. 

I'm working cuff down, magic loop on Hiya Hiyas, using Louise Harding Amitola in the Biscuit colourway. Not sure about the Short Row Heel - think Heel Flap and Gusset would be a better fit. Will try that then the Fish Lips Kiss. Thank you for all your feedback and suggestions!

Shanghai Stripes Blanket
Ravelry page: here
Pattern: Granny Stripes by Attic24
Yarn: Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in the Steel & Stitch colourway, leftovers from my Crochet Girl Gang Blanket

GrHATitude
Ravelry page: here
Pattern: Tied Knots by Justyna Lorkowska
Yarn: Madeline Tosh DK in Earl Grey

I learnt a new cast on for this hat - the German Twisted Cast On! Using Addi fixed circulars for the first time and really enjoying them - want to try them for Magic Loop.

Non-crafty YouTube videos I've been enjoying while too tired to knit are Binging with Babish and Holistic Habits.

I have a quick look through the 5th anniversary issue of Pom Pom and the re-issue of the very first issue. My favourites are Ceilidh and Soiree - I want to knit them immediately! Katie Green's comic this issue is even more stunning than usual - please produce these as prints!!

Also, I'll be going to Pomfest in July, I'll be there on the Friday. Will I see you there?

KNIT & NATTER

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and messages about my attempts to reduce the sugar I eat.

I chat a little about my short trip to Kyiv in the Ukraine this week (the reason I'm so tired!). But seriously though - if you ever go there, eat the hummus!

I'll see you next week for another cup of tea! Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment